Please add information and links concerning Artificial Intelligence↑ (AI) to this page. Alternatively, please contact Jonathan Bowen if you know of relevant on-line information not included here. Use the comp.ai newsgroup for general AI-related queries.
This document contains some pointers to information on Artificial Intelligence (AI) available around the world on the World Wide Web (WWW).
Research sites and projects[edit | edit source]
- Department of Artificial Intelligence, University of Edinburgh, UK. See research projects.
- Artificial Intelligence Applications Institute, University of Edinburgh, UK. See projects.
- Lockheed Artificial Intelligence Center, USA.
- Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, J. Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- Austrian Research Institute for Artificial Intelligence (OFAI).
- MIT Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (AI Lab), USA. Home of Marvin Minsky.
- Neuroengineering and Neuroscience Center (NNC, formerly CTAN), Yale, USA.
- Department of Informatics, University of Trondheim, Norway. Research areas include: knowledge modelling, case based reasoning (CBR), knowledge acquisition, knowledge intensive problem solving.
- Artificial Intelligence Center (AIC), SRI International, USA.
- Integrated Reasoning Group, National Research Council of Canada.
- Computational Intelligence Research Laboratory (CIRL), University of Oregon, USA.
- [http://www.up.pt/liacc/index.html Laborat�rio de Intelig�ncia Artificial e Ci�ncia de Computadores], Universidade do Porto, Portugal.
- Artificial intelligence, cognitive sciences and man-machine communication, INRIA, France.
- Artificial Intelligence Group, Department of Computer Science, University of Ottawa, Canada.
- Enterprise Integration Laboratory, University of Toronto, Canada.
- School of Cognitive and Computing Sciences, University of Sussex at Brighton, UK.
- AI Laboratory, University of Chicago, USA. See research projects.
- Computational Intelligence Artificial Neural Networks (ANN) research by the Electronics Research Group (ERG), Aberdeen University, UK.
- Artificial Intelligence in Chemistry, Oxford University, UK.
- Qualitative Reasoning Group, Northwestern University, USA.
- Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, University of Texas, USA.
- Human Cognition Research Laboratory, Open University, UK.
- Knowledge Systems Laboratory (KSL), Stanford University, USA.
- Applied AI / AI in Education Research Group, Computing Department, Lancaster University, UK.
- Qualitative Reasoning Research Group, University of Texas, USA.
- Medical Informatics Laboratory, Department of Computers and Systems Science, University of Pavia, Italy.
- Laboratory for Natural Language Engineering (LNLE), Department of Computer Science, University of Durham, UK.
- Knowledge Representation and Reasoning group, Istituto per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica, Istituto Trentino di Cultura, Povo, Italy.
- Artificial Intelligence Group, University of Manchester, UK.
- Artificial Intelligence Research Institute (IIIA), a centre of the Spanish Scientific Research Council (CSIC), including information on the Catalan Association for Artificial Intelligence (ACIA), Barcelona, Spain.
- German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI), Kaiserslautern and Saarbrcken, Germany. See also Programming Systems Lab.
- Knowledge Systems Group, Knowledge Media Institute, The Open University, UK.
- Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Science, School of Computer Science, University of Birmingham, UK.
- Artificial Intelligence Group, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Bremen University, Germany.
- Decision Theory Group, Microsoft Research, USA. See special issue on uncertaintly AI of the CACM, March 1995.
- Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB), Belgium.
- Formal Reasoning Group, Computer Science Department, Stanford University, USA. Led by Prof. John McCarthy.
- Artificial Intelligence Research Division (FIT.KI), GMD — German National Research Center for Information Technology.
- Artificial Intelligence Research Group, University of Washington, USA.
Newsgroups[edit | edit source]
The following AI newsgroups may be of interest:
Other information[edit | edit source]
- American Association for Artificial Intelligence (AAAI).
- ACM SIGART Special Interest Group on Artificial Intelligence.
- COMPULOG Network of Excellence includes several nodes with an interest in AI.
- AI technical reports from Indiana, USA.
- Artificial Intelligence pointers from Yahoo.
- Artificial Intelligence information from the Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie-Mellon University, Pittsburgh, USA.
- CMU Artificial Intelligence Repository.
- Expert Systems: The International Journal of Knowledge Engineering and Neural Networks.
- Tenth Annual Goddard Conference on Space Applications of Artificial Intelligence and Emerging Information Technologies, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Maryland, USA, 9-11 May 1995.
- CBR-MED, an internet mailing list discussing Case-Base Reasoning applied to medical problems.
- Searchable bibliographies on Artificial Intelligence including other AI Bibliography sites.
- Searchable Distributed Artificial Intelligence Archive of articles.
- MLnet Machine Learning Archive at GMD.
- Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research.
- Artificial Intelligence Resources — highly recommended, including bibliographies, conferences, FAQs, journals, location index, newsgroups, publications, subject index, etc.
- Artificial Intelligence and Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, international journals from Elsevier.
- Artificial Intelligence books which may be ordered on-line from Reiter Books.
- Computer Science & Artificial Intelligence books from the MIT Press.
- Computation and Language E-Print Archive, an automated electronic archive and distribution server for papers on computational linguistics, natural-language processing, speech processing, etc.
- Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL).
- Intelligent Software Professionals (ISP), expert systems training and consulting, Houston, Texas, USA, including a list of further AI links.
- Computing as compression: The SP theory and the SP system from Gerry Wolff, School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Systems, University of Wales.
- The Outsider's Guide to Artificial Intelligence by Jorn Barger.
- Intelligent Computer Systems, consultancy and training in expert systems, etc.
- Artificial Intelligence and Studies in Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence, book series from Elsevier.
- UIUC AI WWW Library, Artificial Intelligence Group and Inductive Learning Group, The Beckman Institute of Advanced Science and Technology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA. See also image map version.
See also information on logic programming.
Last updated by Jonathan Bowen, 1 April 2009.
Further information for possible inclusion is welcome.