(Preliminary) Call for papers[edit | edit source]
The 13th International Conference on Formal Engineering Methods (ICFEM 2011) is sponsored by Teesside University. It will be held at the Radisson BLU hotel in Durham↑, United Kingdom↑ in October 2011. The previous conference was ICFEM 2010, held in Shanghai↑, China↑.
ICFEM brings together those interested in the application of formal engineering methods to computer systems. Researchers and practitioners, from industry, academia, and government, are encouraged to attend, and to help advance the state of the art. We are interested in work that has been incorporated into real production systems, and in theoretical work that promises to bring practical, tangible benefit.
Area and Topics[edit | edit source]
Submissions related to the following principal themes are encouraged, but any topics relevant to the field of formal methods and their support environments will also be considered:
- Abstraction and refinement
- Formal specification and modelling
- Software verification
- Program analysis
- Software model checking
- Formal approaches to software testing
- Formal methods for object and component systems
- Concurrency and software transaction memory
- Formal methods for cloud computing
- Software inspection
- Formal methods for cyber-physical systems
- Tool development and integration
- Software safety, security and reliability
- Experiments involving verified systems
- Applications of formal methods
- Formal model-based development and code generation
Submission and Publication[edit | edit source]
Submissions to the conference must not have been published or be concurrently considered for publication elsewhere. All submissions will be judged on the basis of originality, contribution to the field, technical and presentation quality, and relevance to the conference. We hope to publish the proceedings in Springer's LNCS↑.
Papers should be written in English and not exceed 16 pages in LNCS format (see http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html for details). Further details TBC.
(Provisional) Important Dates[edit | edit source]
- Abstract submission deadline 31st March 2011
- Full-paper submission deadline 7th April 2011
- Acceptance/rejection notification 8th June 2011
- Final version due 6th July 2011
[edit | edit source]
- ICFEM 2011, Durham, UK